[General] To realists out there

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 03:36:28 PST 2018

Hi Wolf

I am not saying that all of the fundamentals of physics are understood at this point, just that those fundamental laws exist. I do not believe we yet understand them in the depth needed.  Especially in Quantum theory.

The fact that we are made of the same particles we are trying to measure forces a condition of uncertainty in our measurement. It is because the Nyquist Theorem is forced upon us by those circumstances. And it is our lack of knowledge of the systems at work and our limited measurement abilities which yield this uncertainty.

This does not meant there is a magical “law of uncertainty” beyond the cause and effect we have just discussed.  And I think it is not scientific then to assume that particles are made of “probability waves”.  Particles are made of energy reacting with space in a manner which is quite specific and repeatable even if we do not fully understand that reaction yet.

I think that the reason we do not yet have a single unified theory which describes physics is because portions of our two major theories are misinformed examples of us once again jumping to conclusions.

It is likely that in too many aspects of our existing theories we have stopped looking for cause and effect.  This leads us more and more toward looking for “magical” solutions.  But that is not where the real answers reside.

The fact that a planet, mountain, galaxy can move does not make them unreal, it just means they obey the laws of nature, just as our sensory system obeys those laws.

Wolf, I appreciate your approach on many topics, and am thankful for the opportunity to discuss physics with you.  But this idea that somehow we actually create our physical environment within our minds, to me is not physics. We constantly disprove this idea in our interaction with others and in our interaction with our common environment.

Chip