[General] Superluminal electron model

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:33:50 PDT 2018

Hi Chip
   You also wrote" What is it that overcomes the momentum to confine the
model in 3 dimensions?"
    Electron-positron pair production usually happens in the close vicinity
of an atomic nucleus, which absorbs momentum and recoils during the e-p
production process. The recoiling atomic nucleus has absorbed the excess
momentum when a sufficiently energetic photon (with E> 2 mc^2) converts to
an electron-positron pair having less forward momentum than the photon
carried. But the atomic nucleus exerts an equal and opposite force on the
photon during e-p production. This force (or impulse= force x time) on the
photon from the atomic nucleus apparently causes the  double-helix photon
to destabilize and separate into two separate spin-1/2 charged half-photons
which then restabilize  by curling up to form a quantum vortex electron and
positron, transferring to the atomic nucleus much of the forward momentum
that the spin-1/2 charged half-photons carried as components of the
double-helix photon.
       Richard