[General] Photon

Albrecht Giese phys at a-giese.de
Mon Mar 12 09:16:06 PDT 2018

  "Classical Electrodynamics" refer to Maxwell. - Maxwell's theory is an
elegant formalism well usable for engineers. But based on a physical
understanding which no longer today's physical understanding. Simple
example: Maxwell has this symmetry between electrical and magnetic
fields. Since the time when we understood relativity, we know that this
is incorrect physics as magnetism is not an own charge but a
(relativistic) side effect of the electric force. I did not find this
knowledge in "Jackson".

Zitterbewegung is in conflict with classical electrodynamics. But existent.

We have a lot of open problems in physics. There is Dark Matter, Dark
Energy, the vacuum catastrophe. If we do nothing than repeat again and
again what is written in the old text books, these problems will never
be solved. We need new investigations, new thinking in order to have
progress. And I understand this discussion forum as an intention to find
the weaknesses of present understanding.

To take "Jackson" not as a help for engineers but as fundamental and
correct understanding of physics, is the way to conserve the problems. I
have given some ideas (and an extremely well working particle model with
results of high precision) which are in no conflict with experiments and
observations. And the latter should be the measure for confidence.

Albrecht