[General] Short summaries of ideas?

André Michaud srp2 at srpinc.org
Sun Mar 17 14:48:52 PDT 2019

Hi DataPacRat,

Thanks for the link to Mike's blog. I was not aware of his work before.

No trace either of any dark matter from the electromagnetic perspective either, and no need for it. Flyby anomalies and the 2 Pioneer 10/11 anomalies (unexplained acceleration rate and rotation slowdown) also find an explanation from the electromagnetic perspective. Didn't mean to pile more material onto your already sizable reading material heap, but this is described in this other paper:

http://ijerd.com/paper/vol8-issue1/B08011033.pdf

Wishing you luck with your coming Sci-Fi novel, my all-time preferred genre.

Best Regards, André
---

André Michaud
"GSJournal admin" <ntham at gsjournal.net>
http://www.gsjournal.net/
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2740-5684
http://www.srpinc.org/

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 17:28:43 -0400, DataPacRat wrote:

On 17/03/2019, André Michaud wrote:
> Hi DataPacRat,
>
> Not sure what your equation aₘᵢₙ=2c²/Θ relates to, but it sure looks like
> the momentum energy that converts to the magnetic mass increment of a moving
> electron. Ref. equation (8) in this recent paper:
>
> https://doi.org/10.4236/jmp.2018.95067
>
> By the same token, you might be interested in trying to sink your teeth in
> this other possible solution that also defines massive elementary particles
> as self-confined EM fields by having both fields mutually inducing each
> other, in complete harmony with Maxwell, but within a space geometry that
> few seem able to fathom.
>
> No need for any calculus to deal with this one. Only a scientific pocket
> calculator is required.

That looks interesting, and I'll give it a closer read this evening.

The formula in my signature is the simplest prediction from Mike
McCulloch's theory of "quantized inertia" (previously MIHSC, "Modified
Inertia from a Hubble-Scale Casimir Effect"), which he blogs about at
https://physicsfromtheedge.blogspot.com/ . Simplifying a great deal,
he starts with the uncertainty effect, and derives inertial and
gravitational forces from it, with one extra term in the relevant
equations. (An alternate derivation expresses the same concepts in
terms of Unruh radiation arising from the horizons generated by
accelerations.) One of the consequences of the new formulas is that
just like there's a maximum possible speed, there's a minimum possible
acceleration: The speed of light squared and doubled, divided by the
Hubble constant (the diameter of the universe), which at present is
around 6.7e-10 m/s^2. This minimum acceleration seems to solve a
number of outstanding problems physics, large and small: explaining
cosmic acceleration without needing to postulate dark energy, galaxy
rotation curves without needing to postulate dark matter, and some
orbital flyby anomalies. Most recently, he's been modelling wide
binary stars, and has tweeted some promising preliminary results.

I have a vague hope that some further reading about the particle
physics here will let me get a mental model that similarly simplifies
the required number of assumptions, getting more predictive power out
of a smaller starting point.

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Does aₘᵢₙ=2c²/Θ ? I don't know, but wouldn't it be fascinating if it were?"