[General] Nature of Light and Particles

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 02:15:00 PDT 2015

Dear John M.,

You have posed an interesting problem that requires some deep thinking. A
possibility that comes to mind is the dilemma I faced in a QM class. Spin
is only 'up' and 'down'. However, up & down are orthogonal, not
'physically' anti-parallel, states. (How is anti-parallel defined then?)
Perhaps if we fully understand this (it may be coupled to the spin 1/2
concepts), then we can get a handle on the issue. Is it related to the
'twist' in a photon needed to produce an electron/positron pair?

Andrew