[General] Nature of Light and Particles - Request

John Duffield johnduffield at btconnect.com
Sat Apr 4 10:07:35 PDT 2015

Chip:

Re my current view is that energy reacts with space, causing distortions, which are fields.

Think of space as a ghostly elastic jelly. Then imagine you insert a hypodermic and inject more jelly. This results in a distortion of the surrounding jelly, and a gravitational field. You effectively added energy, but the jelly is space. Ergo at the fundamental level, space and energy cannot be distinguished.

All:

There’s been some interesting emails, apologies that I’ve been busy and have not chipped in much. But if I can say this in brief:

IMHO if you grab hold of this ghostly elastic jelly with your right hand and twist, then reach round the side with your left hand and twist, the distortion you now have is an electromagnetic field. Only this analogy is somewhat back to front in that the tension needs to be replaced by pressure. A sinusoidal field variation going round and round a twisted double loop just right looks like a standing field. Experiment with sine-wave paper strips to grasp it. Electrons and positrons move linearly and rotationally like cyclones and anticyclones because they’re “dynamical spinors in frame-dragged space”. They aren’t spitting photons at one another. Hydrogen atoms do not twinkle, magnets don’t shine. However they exchange field in that the short-lived positronium atom doesn’t have much in the way of a field. The opposite twists tend to cancel, leaving only a pressure gradient. We call it a gravitational field.

Regards
John D