[General] Potential discussion group member

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 09:12:04 PST 2015

Hello all,
  One of my ResearchGate contacts has some very similar ideas on EM and particles to those of some in our discussion group. His recent Physics Essays abstract is attached. I also have his article for those interested. I think he would be a good addition to our general discussion group.
      Richard

de Broglie wave and electromagnetic travelling wave model of electron
and other charged particles
Malik Mohammad Asif a) Department of Physics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Park Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad 44000, Pakistan
(Received 2 October 2012; accepted 8 February 2014; published online 7 March 2014)
Abstract: The original wave theory proposed by de Broglie necessitates a stationary (localized) monochromatic plane wave of high frequency nuo associated with a particle. As the particle moves, the de Broglie wavelength appears as an observable (a relativistic effect). The nature and interpretation of high frequency oscillations remained unrevealed so far. This paper presents a self- trapped circular electromagnetic (EM) travelling wave model of electron (specifically) and of other charged particles in general. Curling EM wave is localized (stationary) and still a plane monochromatic travelling wave, against the customary wave packet approach, where a number of frequencies are made to interfere to build a stationary localized wave packet. The model reveals facts such as interpretation of wave function Psi (de Broglie wave) as a relativistic effect of a real wave function and removes the discrepancy of very high phase velocity (c2/v) associated with it. The model also incorporates zitterbewegung of electron and 4pi rotation needed, for a complete round of wave cycle. VC	2014 Physics Essays Publication. [http://dx.doi.org/10.4006/0836-1398-27.1.146]