[General] Let there be light

David Mathes davidmathes8 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 11:11:10 PDT 2015

All,
As I look at the various models about to be presented, I wonder how these models are related, and how they could be tested. In doing so, the assumptions we make are very important as to which path(s) are taken, if there is a path at all.
So today in Forbes there was an attempt to educate the public about quantum physics. The topics are summarized below but it is the pictures that will stick in the minds of people subject to their worldview. I claim we have a universe-level view. And some a multi-verse. However, the focus is on the photon and the electron.  We each look at the same data and yet develop bespoke models. Could Carver Meade be right that we need to rethink our assumptions?
David
>From Forbes magazine today...
Six Things Everyone Should Know About Quantum Physics

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Six Things Everyone Should Know About Quantum PhysicsQuantum physics can be intimidating, but if you keep these six key concepts in mind, you should be able to improve your understanding of it. |
|  |
| View on www.forbes.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

1. Light is wave and a particle - in one picture
2. Discrete physics - Quantum by Copenhagen...BTW How does one freeze light?
3. Probability Physics - Multiple states at the same time? Is quantum measurement a squeezed state measurement?
4. Local vs non-local - Bach or Mach?
5. EPR - entangled states?
6. QM is Mostly Small?
Arndt     experiments by Markus Arndt’s group
Couder Bouncing droplets simulate Zeeman effect - physicsworld.comCouder/Fort Quantum Weirdness Replaced by Classical Fluid Dynamics

It is my firm belief that the last seven decades of the twentieth century will be characterized in history as the dark ages of theoretical physics.
Carver Mead in Collective Electrodynamics

2013 Nature of Light Keynote
http://www.cns.caltech.edu/people/faculty/mead/Nature_Of_Light_What_Are_Photons.pdf