[General] Conference workshop topics

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 02:42:35 PDT 2015

Dear All,

Richard has jumped ahead and stated positions rather than topics. However,
based on the topics already identified, we can attempt to put his positions
into topics. Most can be placed under a union of Chip's topics 3 & 5, which
becomes "the properties and structure of photons and electrons." This is
easier than trying to identify and to reduce the number of topics from
Richard's *positions*. As expected, any set of positions will cover many
topics and any one position may cover more than one topic.

David Mathes has phrased his topics in a series of excellent questions.
(And thank you for the arXiv reference.) This is a good approach for the
second level, once we have established the main topics. The process must
never be 'set in stone' and we'll learn at each stage.

As we progress, I hope that we can combine some topics to fit our specific
purpose and to eliminate others as being out of range, unnecessary for this
work, or not controversial. I doubt that we'll be able to eliminate many.
We are more likely to simply resolve to come back to them at a later date.