[General] Reply of comments from what a model…

Dr. Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Fri Nov 13 05:22:17 PST 2015

Dear John,

no, in my understanding I did not invent anything fundamentally new but
use known physical rules.

Am 13.11.2015 um 12:35 schrieb John Williamson:
> Dear Albrecht,
>
> You asked, so I will answer. I think you are managing to fool
> yourself. You have had to, to keep your initial postulate, invent
> several rules not found in other physics. Comments below.

What I have called sub-particles here are in fact charges of the strong
force. In my view (which I think is very traditional) the basic entities
are charges and not fields. What we call field is the fact that in the
vicinity of a charge there acts a force on another charge. This fact has
got the name "field". Nothing else.

On the other hand: six components for an EM field are anyway too many.
We only have to describe an electric field, magnetism is merely a result
of relativity as I have explained here several times.

> Also 2 particles are just as much in conflict with experiment as are
> 3! As I have said before.
The two particle structure is not in conflict with experiments. The
conflict normally seen results from the missing success of the attempt
to decompose an electron by bombardment. But that is not a conflict here
as a system of 2 massless objects can never decomposed in this way. - I
have discussed this matter with a former research director of the DESY
who was responsible for this type of experiments and he did not have
objections to my position.

> 3.) The sub-particles must be mass-less, otherwise c is not possible
>
> Mass-less means they must be made of something other than "particles".
> No? What then?
These objects which I have called "basic particles" are in fact
constellations of charges of the strong force.

> 4.) The whole particle has mass even though the sub-particles are
> mass-less. So there must be a mechanism to cause inertia. It was
> immediately clear for me that inertia is a consequence of extension.
> Another reason to assume a particle which is composed of parts. (There
> is no other working mechanism of inertia known until today.)
>
> This is absolutely right. So you can either invent a mechanism to give
> inertia (outside of physics) - or reject the initial hypothesis that
> there are two particles.
The fact that an extended object (like the particle in my model) has
inertia is not an invention but an unavoidable consequence of an
extension. That is very basic physics.

> 5.) I had to find the binding field for the sub-particles. I have
> taken the simplest one which I could find which has a potential
> minimum at some distance. And my first attempt worked.
>
> You need a force, indeed, to confine your postulate of two particles.
> So you can either invent a new force (outside of physics) - or reject
> the initial hypothesis that there are two particles.
There is of course a force which is not a new one. It is the strong
force. This is unfamiliar at the first glance. But in the 1990ies it was
found at DESY that the electron reacts on the strong force. So this
assumption is compliant with the experiment.

> That is all, and I do not see any possibility to change one of the
> points 1.) thru 5.) without getting in conflict with fundamental
> physical rules. And I do not invent new facts or rules beyond those
> already known in physics.
>
> So, where do you see any kind of arbitrariness or missing justification?
>
> The point you go into the mist is the initial step of demanding the
> only way to conserve momentum is to have two objects (true) and that
> the only kind of object allowed is a particle (not true in my view). I
> think even if it were true one is still just left with the problem of
> explaining just what the (now two) particles are.
I think that I have explained that. Or what is missing?

Regards
Albrecht

> [...]
>>     (virtual) behind the mirror.  Without the real charges on the
>>     mirror surface, the concept of "virtual" negative charge would
>>     not be necessary or even useful.
>>     The concept of virtual charge as the second particle in your
>>     model seems to me to be not just a wild supposition, but an
>>     absolute necessity.  Every charge is, without choice, in constant
>>     interaction with every other charge in the universe, has been so
>>     since the big bang (if such were) and will remain so till the big
>>     crunch (if such is to be)!  The universe cannot be ignored. If
>>     you reject including the universe by means of virtual charges,
>>     them you have a lot more work to do to make your theory
>>     reasonable some how else.  In particular in view of the fact that
>>     the second particles in your model have never ever been seen or
>>     even suspected in the various experiments resulting in the
>>     disasssmbly of whatever targert was used.
>>     MfG,  Al
>>     *Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 11. November 2015 um 22:37 Uhr
>>     *Von:* "Dr. Albrecht Giese" <genmail at a-giese.de>
>>     *An:* af.kracklauer at web.de,
>>     general at lists.natureoflightandparticles.org
>>     *Betreff:* Re: [General] Reply of comments from what a model…
>>     Hi Al,
>>
>>     if we think in categories of a virtual image, then we are in my
>>     understanding fully on the path of present main stream QM. I have
>>     understood that we all want to do something better than that.
>>
>>     Regarding virtual phenomena I would like to remind you again of
>>     the history of such ideas. In the 1940ies Julian Schwinger has
>>     introduced vacuum polarization (which is equivalent to virtual
>>     particles according to Feynman) to determine the Landé factor for
>>     refining the Bohr magneton. This was the birth of it.
>>
>>     On the other hand I have shown that I can deduce the Bohr
>>     magneton as well as the Landé factor in a classical way if I use
>>     my particle model. And that is possible and was done on a pure
>>     classical way. For me this is a good example that we can do
>>     things better than by QM. In particular I try to have correct
>>     results without using any virtual objects.
>>
>>     Back to your question: If we build a particle model on a
>>     classical basis then there is no place for a virtual image, and
>>     so I see the need for two sub-particles.
>>
>>     Ciao, Albrecht
>>

>>     Am 11.11.2015 um 17:27 schrieb af.kracklauer at web.de:
>>
>>         *Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 11. November 2015 um 11:54 Uhr
>>         *Von:* "Dr. Albrecht Giese" <genmail at a-giese.de>
>>         *An:* general at lists.natureoflightandparticles.org
>>         *Betreff:* Re: [General] Reply of comments from what a model…
>>         Hi  Albrecht:
>>         You said:  A model with only one particle is in my view also
>>         not possible as it violates the conservation of momentum. A
>>         single object can never oscillate.
>>         I ask:   Why can't a single particle oscillate against, or in
>>         consort with, its own virtual image. (Presuming there is
>>         charge complex around---mirror in 2d, negative sphere (I

---