[General] SU(2) equation set

John Williamson John.Williamson at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Nov 16 23:33:05 PST 2015

Hello Al,

We were working at the same time!
________________________________
From: General [general-bounces+john.williamson=glasgow.ac.uk at lists.natureoflightandparticles.org] on behalf of af.kracklauer at web.de [af.kracklauer at web.de]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:03 AM
To: general at lists.natureoflightandparticles.org
Cc: Nature of Light and Particles - General Discussion; pete at leathergoth.com; David Williamson; Mark, Martin van der; Nick Bailey
Subject: Re: [General] SU(2) equation set
Hi:

It may well be possible to explain charge in terms of mass; but I expect (for vague reasons) that it will turn out the other way around.  Gravitation will be seen as a residue effect of E&M due to some asymetry in the two signs on Gauss's Law (repulsion vs. attraction).  At this time:  just guesses!

Yes it may well be so. I think the truth is though that both are related. Either way we need to find the connections. Also I think you are absolutely right in that the VALUE of the electron mass is, in my view, determined by the charge. Precisely, through the sum-total of interactions with the rest of the universe, just as you have been suggesting in the thread with Albrecht. This can be calculated - as I said in a previous post. Martin has done this (with certain assumptions!) and the observed mass is in the right ballpark with respect to the mass and extent of the known universe. As I have said before, to do this we DO have a daft idea of what gravitation might be. No time for either of us to get down to developing this, let alone writing a paper, due to the demands of the day job. If any of you are expert on Gen Rel and fancy collaborating on a paper though - this could be disccussed at our next meeting next summer.

---Al