[General] SU(2) equation set

Joakim Pettersson joakimbits at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:45:00 PST 2015

Hi Al,

If you do generalize electrons to encompass all solutions in a 4D
relativity space, if would be a very powerful viewpoint change that
could help us understand the mathematics better in some (perhaps most)
experiments and observations. That is a very good effort. But it could
also lead to more missed points, wrong assumptions and screw up the
underlying mathematical equations so that their solutions become overly
complex and perhaps even non-finite in other experiments and
observations. It is like comparing apples and oranges, or flux and
charge, or location and momentum, or Feynman path integrals and wave
functions. We always can have both views and others as well. It depends
on the observer and the experiment which one is more convenient to work
with for the person interpreting the result.

Hopefully we can some day work with the same underlying mathematics
whichever basis we choose to describe its solutions in.

Going back and forth between a photo-electron representation and a
photon representation is IMHO like doing scattering a experiment. We
need to get rid of both representations and start looking at the
underlying and common mathematics to understand what is really going on
in the experiment. Like John. Can we all please agree on that?

If we do at some time agree on the underlying mathematics, there is no
need to argue for or against a certain basis set - if it is complete
enough to describe a set of experiments, it is useful for forecasting
similar experiments. Like string theory - it is good for describing what
went in and out of a scattering experiment. We probably need to continue
to use such tricks like that to describe reality until we all have
quantum computers in our pockets (or brains) to do the analysis with. In
the meantime, we need to rely on people like John to talk to us like to
his mother and hope it does make sense to us also ;-).

Best regards,
Joakim