[General] relativistic mass

Dr. Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Fri Oct 9 03:56:19 PDT 2015

Hi Al, and All,

the greatest counter-evidence to the position of Ed Dowdy which I know
is the result of Lebach et al.. They have measured the light deflection
at the sun, and the result conforms to the theory (of Einstein or
equivalent ones, see further down) with an accuracy of 10^-4. This
excludes in my understanding any influence of a plasma layer around the
sun, because even if there would be plasma having this influence, there
could not be exactly the same result as from conventional theory by this
precision, and plasma could not even provide this reproducibility. Dowdy
normally refers to measurements of NASA but has never given a reference
to such measurements.

The deflection is, according to Einstein, caused by the curvature of
space-time around the sun. It can also be deduced in an alternative way.
The speed of light is reduced in the vicinity of an object. This causes
classical refraction. An according calculation has the same
analytical(!) result as the approach of Einstein. And it makes the
assumption plausible that the mass of the deflected object does not
influence this deflection/refraction.

One can go a step further and apply this refraction process to the
internal motion in elementary particles, the "Zitterbewegung". This
immediately results in Newton's law of gravity. And it also reproduces
the results of Einstein's General Relativity. And further it explains
the (weak) equivalence principle, the fact that any object has the same
gravitational acceleration independent of its mass. (In present main
stream physics this equivalence is called a mystery.)

The next question in this row: what is the cause of the reduction of the
speed of light. A plausible assumption is that the light like particles
affected here are influence by the exchange particles of other forces.
With this assumption gravity is not the force no. 4 but no force at all.
It is simply refraction.

Albrecht

---