[General] nature of light particles & theories

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Tue Oct 13 11:25:21 PDT 2015

To group:

I would like to point out that, except for occasional hints to the
contrary, the mind set of this discussion does not properly take into
account the nature of the observer and specifically the 1'st person,
you, the reader. I've attached a companion paper to the paper I
submitted to the SPIE conference. In this one I analyzed Einsteins
Special Relativity derivation by pointing out the role that Einstein
himself and all who follow him have taken on an implicit assumption
describing reality as an independent background space.
     Sentences like " when an observer in one coordinate system looks at
another he sees time dilating ..." etc. are examples of an illusion in
which the creator of the analysis takes on a god like perspective that
assumes one observer simply looks over at another clock as though this
is possible.    What has been forgotten is that each observer is
implemented as his own coordinate frame and space as well as all objects
observed in it are internal displays which interpret interactions of the
coordinate frame with other such frames. Space is a sensation just like
any other sensation and requires understanding of the internal
interpretive processing between interaction hits and their
interpretative display.
         I've had discussions along this point with Albrecht Giese, who
would like to put off the introduction of the 1'st person, develop a
better 3'd person physics, and then reintroduce explanations of our 1'st
person experience as a subsequent exercise. I fully understand this
approach since it is based upon the only sane philosophical metaphysics
our main stream culture has available. No one would get a job
criticizing this view point.
However as Kracklauer On 10/12/2015 4:42 AM,  pointed out " Two entities
cannot at once be both be dialted in the other's view and not their own.
  The real trick here is explaing how this is not obvious to authors of
text books!" It is not obvious because physics is defined to be the
study of that independent reality that does not include you and I as
conscious beings who are doing the processing that makes a 3D world and
its physics appear in the first place. If the self is included we call
it a religion and physicists do not want to have anything to do with it.
         Unfortunately if we do not break out of this self imposed
limit, we will continue to develop more and more intricate models that
miss the central point, which Eddington warned us about, that is,  we
project properties of our knowledge gathering methodology into the
reality we think we are measuring.

Best of luck
Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer Research Director Nascent Systems Inc. tel/fax
831-659-3120/0432 E-mail wolf at NascentInc.com