[General] To Infinity and Beyond: zero phase index?

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 06:50:14 PDT 2015

Hello Martin,
    Thanks for this information. If the election is composed in some way of a circulating photon or photon-like object, then these issues of phase velocity, group velocity and energy transport velocity should apply to this circulating photon also, shouldn’t they? But according to Fermi-Dirac statistics (backed up by experiments), every electron is exactly the same as every other electron, so there shouldn’t be differences between electrons (composed of circulating photons) due to different internal phase velocities or group velocities of these circulating photons. Is this a contradiction? Or does the issue of phase velocity and group velocity only apply to groups of photons forming an electromagnetic wave pulse, and not to individual photons (whether forming an electron or not?
     Thanks.
         Richard