[General] research papers

John Macken john at macken.com
Fri Sep 11 14:51:46 PDT 2015

Hello Albrecht and All,

I have attached a one page addition that I will make to my book. It is a
preliminary explanation of my model of the spacetime field.  It has been
very helpful to me to interact with this group because I now understand
better the key stumbling block for some scientists to accept my thesis.
Therefore I have written the attached introduction to ease the reader of my
book into my model.

Albrecht:  I appreciate your email.  We agree on several points which
include the size of the electron and there is a similarity in the
explanation of gravity.  The key points of disagreement are the same as I
have with the rest of the group.  Your explanation of a fundamental particle
is not really an explanation.  You substitute a fundamental particle such as
an electron with two “basic particles”.  Have we made any progress or did we
just double the problem?  What is your basic particles made of?  What is the
physics behind the force of attraction between the particles? What is the
physics behind an electric field? How does your model create de Broglie
waves? How does your model create a gravitational field (curved spacetime)?
Can you derive the Coulomb law and Newtonian gravitational equation from
your model?

These might seem like unfair questions, but my model does all of these
things. All it requires is the reader accept the fact that the vacuum
possesses activity which can be characterized as a type of energy density
that is not observable (no rest mass or momentum).  This is no different
that accepting that QED calculations should be believed when they assume
vacuum energy or that zero point energy really exists.

Albrecht, perhaps I have come on too strong, but I have decided to take a
firmer stand.  You just happen to be the first person that I contrast to my
model.  I am actually happy to discuss the scientific details in a less
confrontational way.  I just wanted to make an initial point.

John M.