[General] research papers

Dr. Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Fri Sep 11 09:51:52 PDT 2015

Dear John Macken,

I would like to answer a specific topic in your mail below. You write
"... would have particular relevance to the concept that the Higgs field
is needed to give inertia to fermions".

We should not overlook that even mainstream physicists working on
elementary particles admit that the Higgs theory is not able to explain
inertia.  I give you as a reference:

>Steven  D. Brass, The cosmological constant puzzle, Journal of Physics G,
Nuclear and Particle Physics 38, 4(2011) 43201< ,

which has the result that the Higgs field, which causes inertia
according to the theory, is by at least 56 orders of magnitude too small
to explain the mass of the elementary particles. (Another weakness is
the fact that the Higgs theory does not tell us the mass of any
elementary particle even if all other parameters are known.)

As you may remember, in our meeting I have presented a model explaining
inertia which does not only work as a general idea but provides very
precise results for the mass of leptons. The mass is classically deduced
from the size of a particle.  It also explains the mass of quarks, but
here the verification is more difficult, due to the lack of
measurements. In addition I have shown that the model also explains the
(dynamic) mass of photons, if the size of a photon is related to its
wavelength.

You may find details in the proceedings of our San Diego meeting, but
also on the following web sites:

www.ag-physics.org/rmass
www.ag-physics.org/electron .

You may also find the sites by Google search entering the string "origin
of mass". You will find it on position 1 or 2 of the list, where it has
constantly been during the past 12 years.

If you have any questions about it, please ask me. I will be happy about
any discussion.

With best regards
Albrecht Giese

Am 04.09.2015 um 18:40 schrieb John Macken:

> Martin,
>
> I wanted to remind you that I think that you should update your
> article “Light Is Heavy” to include the mathematical proof that
> confined light has exactly the same inertia as particles with equal
> energy. Accelerating a reflecting box causes different photon pressure
> which results in a net inertial force.  I already reference your Light
> Is Heavy article in my book, but expanding the article would be even
> better.  An expanded article would have particular relevance to the
> concept that the Higgs field is needed to give inertia to fermions.
> The Higgs field is not needed to give inertia to confined light.
> Furthermore, confined light exerts exactly the correct inertia and
> kinetic energy, even at relativistic conditions.  I have not seen a
> proof that the Higgs field gives exactly the correct amount of inertia
> or kinetic energy to fermions.  Any particle model that includes
> either a confined photon or confined waves in spacetime propagating at
> the speed of light gets inertia and kinetic energy from the same
> principles as confined light in a reflecting box.
>
> John M.

---