[General] inertia

Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Fri Apr 22 07:53:27 PDT 2016

Hello Richard,

your calculations look good. However there has a mechanism to be
understood which is the cause of inertia. This is also seen this way by
main stream physics since a long time (answered there by the Higgs
theory). But if the Higgs mechanism does not work, another one is
needed. I am still convinced that the forces between the constituents of
an extended object in connection with the finiteness of the speed of
light build such a mechanism. Mathematically it works quite perfect as I
have shown repeatedly.

I am still wondering which mechanism causes a photon to move on a
circuit. And how the problem of the conservation of momentum is solved
in this picture.

The fact that circling charges in our models do not radiate is not
surprising. A charge does not "know" what an acceleration is. An object
with inertia knows it, but that is a different phenomenon. Why does e.g.
an electron radiate at acceleration? I have explained it in my mail to
Andrew the other day. Here again:

"The EM field emitted by the electron in case of an acceleration is
caused by the following process. If an electron is accelerated then its
shape is relativistically distorted. As a consequence, one sub-charge is
subject to a changing electrical field of the other sub-charge. This
causes an EM radiation. - This, by the way, is the only cause of
radiation in physics, the situation that one charge is subject to a
changing field. There is no other cause of radiation in physics. Or do
you know one?"

We should not be confused by the fact that Maxwell in his formalism
states that an accelerated charge radiates. Maxwell's equation are a
mathematical formalism which is very beautiful and very well usable by
electrical engineers. But it does not touch the /physical /causes of
electrical and magnetic phenomena.

Albrecht

---