[General] cosmological red shift

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Sun Jan 24 12:34:48 PST 2016

Chandrasekhar;
Reading your "could space be considered as the inertial rest frame" in
the SPIE vol 9570
I would very much like to find an alternative explanation for the red
shift and am interested in your absorption line argument
but do not understand your logic.

If a star is moving away from us both the inner and outer corona are
moving at the same velocity.
The inner corona atom emits light "f_0 'that is red shifted To "f" in
the media due to its motion
The outer corona atom absorbs light at frequency "f" that is blue
shifted relative to its natural "f_0 ' frequency because it is moving
toward the source
This leaves a hole in the spectra in the media at "f" red shifted
An atom on earth is not moving toward the source and therefore the
arriving light will still be at red shift frequency "f"
atoms on the earth with natural "f_0 ' frequency will not be able to
absorb the light

All light frequencies shift and the hole at "f" is red shifted due to
the motion of the star away from us.
Why do you say this is not a doppler effect?

I would like to find a gravitational argument rather than a Doppler
argument fro the red shift, but do not understand how your argument works.
What am I doing Wrong?

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director