[General] Cosmological Redshift

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Thu Jan 28 13:16:16 PST 2016

Chandra;
Thank you for the very clear and well written paper.Proc. SPIE 8832-49
(2013)

Let me feedback my understanding.

What you are saying is that a white light background is present
independent of which atoms in the inner corona produced the light. Such
a white light background is absorbed by atoms in the outer corona. These
atoms cut a Gaussian notch , determined by the thermal velocities, but
the notch center is not shifted since the inner and outer corona are
moving at the same velocity of the distant star.

This means relative to the local aether ( your CTF) at the distant star
a white light notch exists without a red shift that is independent of
the speed of the star.

If aether is an absolute background against which all motion is
measured, and we assume no in flight change in permeability
characteristics applies then the shift we should detect here on earth
would be dependent only on the velocity of the earth relative to the
absolute background.

If we draw the aether as the empty page background then no matter which
way the earth moves in that background some light notches would be red
and others blue shifted.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-fast-is-the-earth-mov/ sun
orbit 30km/sec, galactic speed 220km/sec cosmic background COBE 390km/sec.

This velocity is too small and is not significant in actual Hubble red
shift data which is angularly symmetric.

Thus you conclude as advertised in the abstract “So, the physical
process(es) behind the Hubble Red Shift is (are) certainly different
from Doppler effects,”

*I see no difficulty with your reasoning and agree with your conclusion*
“conclude that the cosmological frequency down shift (redshift)
originate in the CTF as a very weak distant dependent energy loss of the
EM wave packets as they propagate through vast distances between the
galaxies [5].

*However , is that not what the expanding universe implies?* If the
universe space is expanding then the earth is moving away from all
surrounding light sources and space stretches between the source and
sink of EM radiation. The visualization of a deSitter universe is for
space to expand like the surface of a balloon with a radius proportional
to its age (R= c*T) . If we draw the light path from a distant star that
left a long time ago and arrived at the earth today we would map the
angular arc distance around the spatial circumference and plot a space
time trajectory as I’ve done in the diagram below.

The Einsteinian argument then says an atom existing in the PAST was also
in a stronger gravitational field because all the matter was closer
together and therefore the clocks (atoms) run slower than the clocks
NOW. Since we use atomic clocks NOW they run faster than when the light
was emitted and therefore we perceive the light from distant stars
whether in the absorption or emission spectral comparison as red shifted.

Interestingly enough when we go farther into the past where the radius
of the universe “R” wasR = M*G/c^2 then no light would reach us. This
presumably is the 3deg black body event horizon.
I did a calculation in grad. school that showed that if one
systematically takes away known sources of radiation in order to try to
get at the residual measurement one will automatically eliminate blue
light and the remaining remaining radiation curve would look like and
could easily be confused with a black body radiation curve. I do not
know how the black body radiation data is processed, but assume light
from known sources must be eliminated.

Albrecht did you not say that everything would be a lot easier if we
just let the speed of light vary?

best,
Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer