[General] separate the inertial and gravitational aspects of mass

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:57:38 PDT 2016

Hi John

I have a few questions regarding your experiment.

What was the wavelength  of the laser used? For example, if it was a red laser it was probably in the range of 650nm wavelength.  The width of the slits? The distance from the laser to the slits and to the target?

The reason I am asking has to do with the quantization of light.  If we assume that Planck’s constant is the quantization of action, and that a single photon has spin angular momentum of hbar, then the effective spin radius of this construct (photon particle) is the wavelength divided by 2 pi.

Then if we assume that transverse waves do indeed travel at the speed of light in space, but that there could also be associated longitudinal waves, which remain principally undetected by normal instrumentation, then we can consider at the following:

As we study transverse waves in an elastic solid medium we see that the velocity of propagation of a transverse wave is:

Where is the propagation velocity of the transverse wave, is the shear modulus, and p is the density of the medium.

Longitudinal displacements or longitudinal waves simply travel faster in every known elastic solid medium.

Longitudinal propagation velocity is expressed as:

Where is the propagation velocity of the longitudinal wave or displacement, and K is the compression modulus.

Since both the K modulus and  modulus are always positive we can see that the longitudinal displacement propagation velocity will always be faster than the transverse wave velocity: is always larger than

So I am wondering if the photon is a tightly confined rotational transverse wave, with a radius expressed as    which also has a small associated longitudinal wave component acting as a "pilot" wave.

For a red laser the speculated radius of a photon would be 103.45nm so its diameter would be 206.9nm.

Your thoughts?

Chip