[General] inertia

Albrecht Giese genmail at a-giese.de
Wed Jun 8 13:35:56 PDT 2016

Hi Chip,

what is a wave? A wave is a field which fluctuates in a somewhat regular
way. And what is a field? A field is a human abstraction to describe the
influence of a charge.

Of course a wave can have a positive and a negative region. That is the
case if the wave is caused by positive and negative charges. So, if a
photon can be identified with a wave, there must be charges of both sign
in a photon. - Any other understanding of a field or of a wave is in my
view a typical mystification as we know it from QM. Why refer to such
mystifications if they are not necessary? I have understood that the
goal of all of us (who are looking for particle models) is to make the
picture as simple as possible. And that should mean: No mystifications,
so no fields without a cause, no waves without a cause. Isn't that simple?

Albrecht

Am 04.06.2016 um 16:52 schrieb Chip Akins:

> Hi Albrecht
>
> No.  A wave in space could easily have a positive region and a
> negative region and still be one wave. So your statement “This is one
> of the indications that a photon has to be composite.” Is not really
> correct.
>
> Chip

---