[General] Your last 2 mails

Hodge John jchodge at frontier.com
Mon Mar 7 11:43:48 PST 2016

Vladimir:Thanks for your comment.  I would like to see the results of the varying intensity ofwaves-of-water experiment. It may be done in a ripple tank. Can you do this? I think you have an interest in doing this experimentbecause your Figs.3, 5, and 6 (“The Cancellation …”) predicts a flow for such asituation which would be different for other models. This seemed to be a pointin your paper. It also would have significance for the STOE model, especiallyfor an assumption that the plenum carries the inertia (my paper “Inertiaaccording to the STOE”). Water has inertia, hence may be an analogy of how theplenum works which was assumed in the STOE.  I was thinking of building a ripple tank. But if one exists,using it would mean the job would be done correctly (so reflections from thesides are avoided). Reflections from the mask and screen are significant. Our discussion on our models is getting complex. So onepoint at a time: Vladimir: “I have re-read your paper and finally understoodyour point about fringes appearing bright from the opposite diffracting edge.Whatever theory is used to account for this, it boils down to the pathenergy takes between slit and screen.”Hodge: “path” means to the STOE the trajectory photonstravel in position and momentum coordinates (I use coordinates rather than themathematical ‘space’) (Bohm’s model). But there is another form of energy - theplenum whose waves direct the photon. The bright spots are the result of pathsof the photons sticking a screen. Now a subtlety: The photon tends to movetoward minimum potential like matter in a gravitational field or a surfer on awater wave. The Fig.1 in “diffraction…” shows the minima of the plenum waves. Vladimir: “That your simulation accounts for this isimpressive - but it is not clear from your paper what are the details of thissimulation and resultant paths.” Hodge: The details and equations are found in previouspapers. But that is a lot to digest and it is considerably different thanstandard models and concepts. The Bohm model has a problem because it does notidentify the source of the pilot wave. The STOE in the diffraction experimentsuggest the source is the photon (matter) moving through the plenum (ether,space). Next the plenum wave has a speed much greater than c. Thisallows the wave to travel from the photon to all other matter (mask andscreen)(wires in the Afshar experiment) and return to the photon to cause astanding wave to which the photon is pushed to a minimum (divergence of theplenum like gravity). That is the wave in the Transaction Interpretation is nota time reversed wave but a reflected wave that creates the standing wave.  So your model suggests some significant characteristics ofthe plenum model. Hence, my interest. That is the plenum must have inertia toform waves that the wave equation applies. That is how water waves act as theydo. What is inertia and inertial mass and how to derive the EquivalencePrinciple.  Vladimir: “Another thing I remembered: the patterns of yourray paths greatly resemble the standing waves also known as bow waves or thewake for example of a speeding boat, in hydrodynamics.”Hodge: Note: The STOE is NOT a ray model. I referenced thisbecause it a long-standing conventional tool that bears some resemblance toyour model. I don’t have “rays”. The lines in Fig.1 (“Diffraction…”) are thetrajectories of the photons.“Standing waves” in the STOE require a reflection or otherwaves that are superimposed (summed). I note in your Fig. 4 and 5 (“Thecancellation…”) there are standing waves before the mask. Now consider thesource of the wave being on the other side of the mask so that the wavesimpinging on the mask are reflected and the waves in the slit continue on andno longer influence the photon.  Vladimir: “…you can see that the streamlined energy flowsthrough these maxima not along them as in your ray model!”Hodge: That would be the point of the experiment. Vladimir: “These non- interfering maxima may be what Chandrais talking about? They do not negate waves...”Hodge: yes. The experiment may have application to others.  Hodge