[General] Path of photons Fig1

Vladimir Tamari vladimirtamari at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 23:03:34 PST 2016

Hi Hodge
 Another thing I remembered: the patterns of your ray paths greatly resemble the standing waves also known as bow waves or the wake for example of a speeding boat, in hydrodynamics. In my Cancellation paper http://vladimirtamari.com/The%20Cancellation%20of%20Diffraction%20In%20Wave%20Fields.pdf   see Fig. 5 . In Fig 6 I call them intensity maxima. Interestingly they sometimes correspond to wave interference maxima but not always - in Fig. 6b you can see that the streamlined energy flows through these maxima not along them as in your ray model!

You can observe such maxima in running water in a sink flowing past an obstacle, or in a rainy gutter corner. Drop a piece of paper and see it flow right across these maxima. And yes they appear to form along a line from the right obstacle edge pointing to the left and vice versa.

These non- interfering maxima may be what Chandra is talking about? They do not negate waves...
Cheers
Vladimir
vladimirtamari.com