[General] HA: HA: Gravity

Dr Grahame Blackwell grahame at starweave.com
Sun Apr 23 05:02:21 PDT 2017

Dear Chip, Alex, Albrecht, Wolf,

With regard to Chip's observation (below) on 'gravity/charge field?':

You (and others in the group) may find it interesting to refer to my paper
in
Kybernetes, Nov 2011: 'Cosmic System Dynamics: A Cyberneticist's Perspective
on Gravitation' [Vol 40 Issue 9/10, pp 1319-1330].

In this paper I derive a direct correspondence between the composite
'electric-charge' field (as opposed to net charge carried by, e.g. three
quarks forming a nucleon - this difference is absolutely crucial) and the
universal gravitational field, including the phenomenon generally referred
to as 'curved spacetime (which I show to be, in effect, what might be
referred to as a quality of 'texture' of the universal electromagnetic (aka
gravitational) field.

This perspective on that field, deriving initially from the recognition of
'massive' particles as localised* configurations of waveform electromagnetic
energy ('photons' for convenience), serves to explain every aspect of what's
referred to as 'gravitation', showing this to be in fact just a more
detailed view of what we refer to as 'electric charge').  Every feature of
the Equivalence Principle can be traced back to this underlying construct.

[* 'localised' is in fact an over-simplification of the nature of material
particles, a consequence of our own limited perception.  A fuller
consideration shows that the very concept of 'localisation' is in fact
misplaced, that particles are in fact 'alocal', to borrow a word from Bohm.
Our very notion of 3-dimensional space (and indeed 4-dimensional space-time)
is a limitation of our own sensory organs, and processing of signals from
them - presumably for very sound evolutionary reasons - one that we need to
overcome if we are to fully exploit the potential of this amazing universe.]

[As an aside, this perspective also casts serious question on the need for
(i.e. existence of) the Higgs Field (and associated boson) to explain the
concept of mass.  Given the questions hanging over the whole Higgs thing,
this would seem to be another point in favour of the charge-based notion of
gravitation.]

Best to all,
Grahame