[General] STR twin Paradox

Dr Grahame Blackwell grahame at starweave.com
Wed Aug 23 10:16:41 PDT 2017

Hi Chip,

I'm as certain as one can be that I'm not mistaken.  However I'm also totally confident that the myth/spell of SR CAN and WILL be broken - before very long.

The secret is to get scientists back on the track that they appear to have abandoned for the past century: investigating the 'why' of observed effects - in this case the 'why' of effects attributed to SR.  To simply say "Well, that's just how the universe is" - and then accept all the illogical baggage that goes with that - is no sort of investigation of the 'why', and certainly no sort of explanation of the causation of those effects (which is, as I say, what I understood physics is all about...)

The reason that I'm so confident is that there IS a way to break this particular variation of the da Vinci Code, so to speak.  That way is to do exactly what Einstein did in respect of Brownian Motion - consider the nature of the structure of matter (in that respect, I'm totally baffled how the one who published a seminal paper on the causation behind Brownian Motion could possibly also consider Fizeau's Experiment supportive of his SR concept - but that's another story).  We need to get a bit deeper into matter formation, into the energetic composition of elementary particles: at that level the self-contradiction of SR stands out very sharply.

In short, as soon as physics moves on from the mind-set of Bohr, that the indeterministic nature of quantum outcomes is a dead-end, and recognise with Einstein and de Broglie (and others) that there is a deeper reason for that apparent indeterminism - namely the wave-based structure of elementary particles (for which zitterbewegung is a massive clue, FGS!) then we can move on to some truly new physics, rather than century-old assumptions that are still peddled as 'new physics' even today.

The time is coming - let's just hope that it comes soon enough to help resolve some of the pressing scientific issues that our species is facing!

Cheers, Grahame