[General] STR twin Paradox

Albrecht Giese phys at a-giese.de
Sun Aug 27 13:51:52 PDT 2017

Wolf,

answers again interleaved.

Am 24.08.2017 um 09:05 schrieb Wolfgang Baer:

> Answers interleaved
>
> Dr. Wolfgang Baer
> Research Director
> Nascent Systems Inc.
> tel/fax 831-659-3120/0432
> E-mailwolf at NascentInc.com
> On 8/23/2017 12:17 PM, Albrecht Giese wrote:
>>
>> Wolf:
>>
>> Please stay at the topic we are just discussing here. We should first
>> come to a result with those before extending our topics.
>>

>> Am 21.08.2017 um 08:47 schrieb Wolfgang Baer:
>>>
>>> Albrecht:
>>>
>>> I mentioned the Michelson Morley experiment because the URL I sent
>>> is an interesting alternative that gives a completely different
>>> answer which is probably wrong Watch
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEryiOKkrc
>>>
>> Yes, I have seen both videos. But I suspect, for the first one, that
>> it is a property of his set up. If in the upright position the
>> elements of the apparatus move only by a micrometer by gravity, then
>> this effect is already understandable. Generally speaking, the author
>> did not present an error investigation; and that is essential for
>> every experiment.
>>>
>>> However in general this experiment is extremely pertinent because
>>> the inability to detect ether drift is one of the main pillars of
>>> Einstein's approach and one of the main pillars of my consciousness
>>> theory of why why we should not detect the background space which is
>>> attached and generated by us. I am working on my book fro ROutledge
>>> Press and would be happy to start sending you parts of it for
>>> comments on this observer oriented event theory.
>>>
>> But my question was about the measurement of the speed of light c. We
>> should not jump but bring one question to an end before switching to
>> philosophy or similar.
>
> Ok you measure the speed of light on earth by sending a pulse around
> the circumference of the synchrotron. It has a round trip distance of
> “X” you measure the time by a clock that is driven by the speed of
> electromagnetic influences. Lets say it’s a light clock and the speed
> of light is Ce on earth and the clock round trip distance is “Y” so a
> clock cycle is Tc = Y/Ce, Now it takes N clock cycles for the light to
> travel around the synchrotron thenThe speed of light is Cs = X/NTc =
> (X/NY)Ce
>
> But by measurement you can determine that X =NY soCs = Ce
>
> so the speed of light is the speed of light her on earth , there is no
> question about that

This was not my example, my example is illustrated by the drawing
further down and the speed of the electrons is given by the frequency of
the accelerating field. But ok., it can also be argued in your way.
But now you say " there is no question about this" ??? In the past you
have just questioned also this very strongly!!

>>> You are very right I should learn more about synchrotrons but we re
>>> not discussing the standard text book approach and its assumptions
>>> so I am hoping you will meet me half way and tell my specifically
>>> why you think I'm wrong instead of generally asking me to go look at
>>> a text book and hoping I would guess your objection.
>>>
>> In the following you see the accelerating pieces of a /linear
>> /accelerator. This is showing how the speed of a particle - like an
>> electron - determines the switching frequency
>>
>> Bildergebnis für linearbeschleuniger
>> In a synchrotron this is built in a circular way.
>>>
>>> Now you've started to be mores specific and I greatly appreciate
>>> that. The definition of momentum is p=mpv1−v2c2−−−−−√
>>>
>>> However the derivation of this equation is not at all straight
>>> forward since we are talking about three dimensions and the formula
>>> is different in the direction of motion vs the cross direction
>>> terms. In the circular orbit we are talking about a momentum in te
>>> radial direction vs one in the angular direction and furthermore the
>>> particle is in an accelerated frame.
>>>
>> The point is here that the momentum of the electron increases
>> permanently, but the speed is limited to c. And as there is p = m*v ,
>> and at the end v = c, how can you explain the increase of p if
>> assuming m to be constant?
> Yes , thank you I believe your diagram is helpful although it also
> leaves out a critical component of our discussion, Does the stay
> constant inside the particle and therefor give the appearance of a
> momentum increase or does it truely stay constant in all reference
> frames and therefore the measured effects must be attributed elsewhere.
> Obviously for a parameter that is defined by two variables m*v there
> is not much choice. One measures v and any deviation must be
> attributed to the mass.
That was meant and I understand that you accept that.

>>> You are saying particles are accelerated to near the speed of light
>>> and easily measured, yes but this is a one way near speed of light
>>> measurement and one needs to examine  this carefully.I've read in
>>> numerous places that the Large Hadron Collider is capable of
>>> accelerating protons at 0.999999991 c,- At those speeds the
>>> circumference of "C" is the stationary distance and the time is the
>>> time statinary period tp measured at one point whenever the particle
>>> comes around. so its velocity is C/tp, However the particle is
>>> stationary in its own reference frame and only feels a radial
>>> gravitational pull outward for which the factor under the integral
>>> depends upon the log of the radius
>> When we say that an object has a certain speed we mean the speed
>> measured in our laboratory frame. For other frames (also the one of
>> the particle itself) it has to be determined by the Lorentz
>> transformation. But that is a different story than what we are
>> discussing here.
>>>
> Well here we are taking about interactions between the mass of an
> electron and its charge. So I'm suggesting that the speed of
> Electromagentic interaction speeds up when the particle is in a higher
> state of Lagrangian energy when the potential of the distant mass star
> ring is taken into account. this accounting is given by the equations
> I've sent you many times which you thing are just number games.
What is a "distant mass star ring"? You introduce again a new topic.
> So I'm suggesting that internal activity for a mass-charge particle (
> even a neutron is considered a combination of charged particles ) both
> absorbs energy and makes the particle appear to have a greater
> momentum and furthermore that it is the speed of light change that
> give a simpler explanation than changing ether charge of mass values.
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean here.

> Now you will say its all accounted for by the Lorenz transformations,
> but that is wrong. These transformations deal with charges and EM fields
> it is their connection with matter that Einstein introduced and that
> has turned classic mechanics on its end
The Lorentz transformation has primarily nothing to do with charges and
EM fields. That are only aspects for which the LT is /also /correct, but
not the basics. Einstein has deduced the LT only from the assumption
that the speed of light is constant in any frame.
>>> Furthermore we must talk about the momentum of a charged particle
>>> since presumably the momentum is measured by the curvature on a
>>> charge induced by a magnetic field.
>> That is one way. The other - which relates to the energy of a
>> particle - is its conversion into other particles. So, an electron
>> and a positron accelerated in a storage ring can collide and in this
>> moment be converted into particles of a much higher mass (a mass of
>> more than 1000 times the mass of the electron). How is this possible
>> if the electron does not change its mass (and the positron as well)?
> I do not know if this is anything more than an energy conversion , i'm
> not questioning the energy increase mc = m_0 c_0 *(1-v^2 /c^2 )^-1/2
> happens but whether it aplies to the mass or the speed of light
Where is the energy of an electron which moves close to c,  if it is not
in its mass?

>>> This it gets very complex and your recommendation to understand more
>>> is appropriate. However is the situation not similar to the central
>>> force problem of a particle moving in an atom where the
>>> gravitational and electric forces are balanced
>> The gravitational force is completely irrelevant for the processes in
>> an atom. I have many times given you numbers that for such influence
>> the gravitational force is too low by more than 30 orders of
>> magnitude. - Why do I write this again and again, and you never react
>> on it but repeat completely wrong numbers or assumption again and
>> again?? So we cannot go on.
> Well Albrecht please listen! No one questions that gravity is weak,
> but inertia is equivalent to the magnetic component of gravity , that
> is why I call it gravito-inertial and keep evoking Mach's principle.
> It is inertia that balances the coulomb force in Bohr's atom model. It
> is inertia that is as strong as the electric force. I know you think
> you have an explanation for inertia from your rotating charge model,
> but I. Lorenz , Sciama , and many more feel a simpler and more elegant
> description of inertia  has inertia treated as the angular momentum
> pseudo vector. Leaving both mass and charge as constants.
Magnetism is a side effect of the electric charge and is much weaker
than the electric charge. Also the gravitational force has its own
magnetism, but also this is much weaker than the (already very weak)
gravitational force. So, physicists working on magno-gravity can perform
calculations but there is almost no way to measure the effect
experimentally (except the Probe B) but that was extremely difficult as
we know.

Any inertia which we can measure is so strong that it is not deducible
from gravo-magnetism. Inertia is stronger than the (quite strong)
electric force, it is a consequence of the strong force. My model shows
it and this model has results which are quantitatively correct with high
precision. I do not know any other model of inertia which has this, in
no way the Higgs model, and the other models presented in this
discussion are tautological models in so far as they deduce inertia from
momentum ignoring the fact that also momentum is a consequence of inertia.

And, just to avoid misunderstanding, the inertia is in my model the
consequence of the finite speed of light by which binding forces
propagate in an extended object. The fact of circulation is another
feature to explain the magnetic moment, spin, and relativistic dilation.
These aspects are not directly connected to the fact of inertia (except
the spin which has it a bit).

The Mach principle cited here quite often only demands the existence of
an ether (meant as an absolute reference frame) necessary to explain
inertia. There is nothing more behind it.