[General] How to know it's 1 photon at a time

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Mon Feb 6 04:49:07 PST 2017

Hodge:
The strength of the light flux determines the number of discrete elections released per second. That does not assure light consists of bullets. Only by pre-determining that the beam can contain no more than one-photon-equivalent flux, can one claim the possible existence of "single photons".
     Un-quantized kinetic energy determines the quantized level population -- quantum population density is determined by the classical Boltzmann distribution!!! There is no foundational interaction boundary between the classical and QM worlds.
      Further, our current state of knowledge about the real origin of particles and waves is too meager to make definitive statements about how interaction processes are taking place in nature.
     QM and Relativities are not our FINAL knowledge. This forum is meant for serious attempts to open up the boundaries of our ignorance through serous debates. We need to go one level deeper in understanding physical interaction processes going on in nature. This was not seriously addresses by the prevailing QM formalism. The current formalism is good only for modeling measurable DATA, not for visualizing the invisible interaction PROCESSES.

Chandra.

Sent from my iPhone