[General] Moving Back

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 08:07:22 PST 2017

Dear folks,

I have been living in India for the last 11.5 years (returning to the US
every 6 months - to visit family and friends and to avoid the red tape of
registering in India). Now that I am remarried and have a growing family,
travel soon gets to be more expensive than the difference in cost of living
between rural US and Bangalore, India (in July, the twins turn 2 and
airfares go up ). Therefore, we will be making, with some
regrets, our final trip from India by mid summer.

Choosing where to live on a tight budget (social security) in the US (both
near-term and long term) is not an easy task. I have lived in the South
(Georgia and Tennessee) for 18 years and in Maryland for 32 years and we
have family and friends in both places. However, we have broadened our
thoughts to include both the mid-Atlantic and the mid-west locations.

We are looking to rent (near-term) or purchase a 3 BR + office or 4 BR home
in a small town or rural location to keep the price down. Fortunately, I
don't have a job that would tie me to a specific location. Any thoughts or
particularly good deals that you may be aware of would be appreciated.

Best to all,

Andrew