[General] light and particles group

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Sat Jan 21 11:55:44 PST 2017

“Gravitational waves indicate vacuum energy exists”, paper by John Macken

John M.: Thanks for attaching your paper. The title clearly indicates that we really are in basic agreement. The cosmic space has physical properties. I have expressed my views a bit differently, that the cosmic space is a stationary Complex Tension Filed (CTF), holding 100% of the cosmic energy in the attached papers and in my book, “Causal Physics”. If the so-called vacuous cosmic space and the CTF were not inseparable, the velocity of light would have been different through different regions of the cosmic space!
     I just do not like to continue to use the word “vacuum” because, in the English language, it has acquired a very different meaning (“nothing”) for absolute majority of people over many centuries. It is better not to confuse common people by asserting new meanings on very old and very well established words.
     Further, in your support, the quantitative values of at least two physical properties, Epsilon & Mu, of the comic space have already presented as quantified properties by Maxwell around 1867 through his wave equation. Recall (c-squared)=(1/Epsilon.Mu). These properties of the cosmic space were already quantified before Maxwell by the early developers of electrostatics and magneto statics.
     I assume that you are suggesting us that we need to postulate and quantify other physical properties possessed by this cosmic space (Maxwellian or Faraday Tension Field?), so that the “emergent dynamic particles” out of this cosmic space would display all the properties we have already been measuring for well over a century.
      However, I disagree, as of now, that cosmic space is “space-time” four dimensional. Because, the “running time” is not a measurable physical parameter of any physical entity that we know of in this universe. So, I assert that the “running time” cannot be altered by any physical process. Humans have smartly derived the concept of “running time” using various kinds of harmonic oscillators and/or periodic motions. We can alter the frequency of a physical oscillator by changing its physical environment. Of course, this is my personal perception, not supported by the entire group. But, that is precisely the purpose of this free and honest discussions so we can learn from each other. As my understanding evolves; I might change back my mind and accept space as four- or even thirteen-dimensional.

Chandra.