[General] Is Stephen Hawking is a GREAT scientist

Thomas Andersen tandersen at nscir.ca
Mon Jul 10 06:25:31 PDT 2017

John,

I am convinced that black holes do not evaporate. There is a problem - not in the math - but in the fact that the physics behind the math requires quantum mechanics to hold at energies exponentially higher than the Planck energy. Indeed there needs to be modes of energy with energies higher than the mass of the universe in order for solar mass black holes to evaporate. See my post Adam Helfer – Black hole evaporation? – the trans-Planckian problem <https://gravityphysics.com/2017/06/17/adam-helfer-black-hole-evaporation-the-trans-planckian-problem/> .

I like the idea that a great scientist needs to have experimental verification, of one of their main ideas.

--Tom