[General] STR twin Paradox and other matters

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Thu Jul 20 22:20:24 PDT 2017

Chip:

"We then see that observation requires an interaction, and that is all."

Yes so each of us in our caves build models of what was behind the
interaction, what  change in what system caused the change in our system
that consummated the interaction. We can never do better that build
inferences and models and because the model can never be the whole it
will always be an approximation and will always fail eventually,

So the next step in our understanding will be to place our models in the
context of our thinking process

Alrecht want to build better models and find ourselves in them- I want
to build easier and simplified models but build the thought process in
which they operate and then improve them.

"But if you are right, please “observe” in a way so we all can have
peace, prosperity, happiness, and long life." I have no wish to hurt
anyone, but no obligation to save anyone either. If I'm right nirvana is
a state of absolute equilibrium that might be equated with peace,
prosperity, happiness, I'm pretty sure life is the transition between
two states of nirvana that involves an interaction. The size of the
interaction is measured by action A its rate is energy E its lifetime is
T so A=E*T . Are you sure you want a long life.

best

Wolf

Dr. Wolfgang Baer
Research Director
Nascent Systems Inc.
tel/fax 831-659-3120/0432
E-mail wolf at NascentInc.com

On 7/16/2017 6:34 AM, Chip Akins wrote:

> Hi Wolf
>
> If we come to understand the nature of particles and interactions,
> then we can predict which interactions will occur with a specific type
> of measurement. When we really get to the cause and effect, and
> discover more of the reality, we will know exactly what to expect when
> we interact to measure.
>
> In this case, the observer comes to understand specifically why and
> how they cause an interaction. And they come to understand the nature
> of what they are studying.

no he builds a model, it works in some restricted controlled
environment, but Why and How?

> In this sense, the Copenhagen interpretation of the quantum did a
> great disservice to science. By throwing in the towel, and saying that
> we cannot know more in some sense, they distracted us from finding
> ways to learn more.  But we have made some good progress since then,
> and found that indeed we can know more.

absolutely

> The exaggerate role of the observer was simply borne from these early
> misconceptions.  We have the intelligence and means to keep pushing
> the boundaries of our physical knowledge.

yes and finding a meaning of our symbols is a necessary process toward
greater knowledge - we cannot be stisfied with just turning the crank.