[General] STR

Hodge John jchodge at frontier.com
Sun Jun 4 11:32:21 PDT 2017

Consider the "clock" used in the experiments to be a pendulum clock. horizontal acceleration stops the bob, clock time in terms of ticks is slowed (stopped). A pendulum clock raised to a height is also slowed. Without a gravitational field, it stops.
Is there a  difference between this a pendulum  clock and atomic clocks?  We have a good model of a pendulum clock's functioning in relation to gravity and acceleration.  We don't have a good model for the decay or the lengthening of muon life.    Perhaps, the observations of decay and muon life are data related to the respective mechanisms rather than time dilation.Hodge