[General] Hestenes' work

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:57:36 PDT 2017

Dear Richard,

I noticed that you are following Hestenes on researchgate. Have you read
his
Zitterbewegung in Quantum Mechanics
D. Hestenes, published in: Foundations of Physics, Vol. 40, 1-54 (2010);
(also available at <http://geocalc.clas.asu.edu/pdf/ZBWinQM15**.pdf>
http://geocalc.clas.asu.edu/html/GAinQM.html)

If so, I think there are some important points, which we could discuss,
that pertain to both photons and electrons. For example, below eq 44:

"*S* cannot be a timelike bivector, though it can be null "

and

"for a lightlike particle* [a photon]* the spin must be a lightlike
bivector."

He doesn't come out and say that electron spin is a spacelike bivector;
but, he should. (Perhaps he has done so in another paper?)

Once it is recognized that spin is a rotation about a time axis (for all
but photons), rather than a space axis, many of the QM problems associated
with electrons and their interactions are reduced or eliminated.

Andrew M.