[General] Chaya Someswara Swami temple, Panagal, Telangana...... A discussion on light

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Tue Apr 10 05:21:32 PDT 2018

Dear SNP:
The absence of mutual interaction of wave amplitudes in the linear domain, propagating through each other in the absence of any interacting medium, is a universal property of all waves. It is also built into the mathematical wave equation. I am not saying anything new about “NIW”. In fact, for light, it was experimentally demonstrated one thousand years ago by a Mid-Eastern scientist, Alazhen. You can also carry out the experiments in slides #12 and #13 (water and string waves) [slides from my last-year talk in China.
     It is important to thoroughly review the basic properties of light from a basic optics book. Your “shadow”-issue is not directly relevant to the “NIW-property”. It is relevant to the deep Astronomical knowledge of ancient Indians as to how the path of the Sun changes throughout the day and varies throughout the year.
Chandra.