[General] Superluminal double-helix photon model and its inertial mass

richgauthier at gmail.com richgauthier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:35:30 PST 2018

Hi Chandra, John, Martin and all,

   I just wanted to share (attached below as a PDF file) my latest article on the superluminal double-helix model of the photon and the derivation of its inertial mass:  “Entangled double-helix superluminal photon model defined by fine structure constant has inertial mass M=E/c^2”. It’s also at https://richardgauthier.academia.edu/research (at the bottom of the page). I originally proposed the superluminal double-helix photon model in 2002 (see Appendix in my article). Comments are of course welcome. It’s interesting that the identical superluminal double-helix photon model was discovered independently by Oreste Caroppo in Italy in 2005. He suggests that the concept of the double-helix photon was overlooked by Maxwell, though consistent with Maxwell’s equations. Electromagnetic waves may carry circulating dipoles of opposite charge, even in a vacuum, that generate these electromagnetic waves. The discovery of the photon would not have been such a surprise if Maxwell had not overlooked this possibility. See Caroppo's “Maxwell’s error, the great original sin of modern physics” at http://fiatlux.altervista.org/abstract-maxwell-s-error-the-great-original-sin-of-modern-physics-with-a-new-unification-the-model-explains-photon-.html .  Many physics theories of the past 150 years would have to be revisited and perhaps revised in the light of the double-helix photon approach, writes Caroppo.

 all the best,
         Richard