[General] To realists out there

Wolfgang Baer wolf at nascentinc.com
Sun Jan 21 12:52:32 PST 2018

To all:

I just submitted an essay contest to FQXI that is a short version of the
physics of the observer I am working on.One of the responses claims I am
completely off the mark and was signed "realist"

Some of you may have the same "realist" inclinations so think of this
simple experiment: Consider any object lens image setup. Bend the image
screen and you will see the image is distorted, but no such distortion
changes the object. Now do the same thing but use your eye as the lens
image part of the setup.  Close one eye. With the other focus on an
object - say a coffee cup on the desk 1 meter away. Now push the open
eye from the side with your finger. This bends the retina and also moves
or distorts the coffee cup. There is no physical mechanism in our
current science that accounts for such a distortion of the coffee cup if
the coffee cup you see is an independent object. Conclusion: Neither the
coffee cup nor anything we see in our daily environment is an
independent objective reality. We are living in an interpretation of
sensor interactions that is implemented by a physics inside the
observer. Developing and defining this physics and straightening out the
errors that have crept into our current physics due to the assumption
that reality is the way we see it is the the the challenge confronting
science today If you want to look at the paper click on
https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3043 If you want to rate it it
might help me win, never know.
Thanks

Wolf