[General] To realists out there

Chip Akins chipakins at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 13:57:26 PST 2018

Hi Wolf

But we do have physical explanation for the distortion of an image by a non-uniform convex lens. The refractive properties of the lens are well known and documented, so that we can accurately predict the distortion a particular lens will cause.

While we are made of material molecules, atoms, and particles, which have an electromagnetic set of characteristics, and that means that our perceptions are based on our physical makeup, and our abilities to sense certain electromagnetic interactions, the fundamental reality that exists in the universe can continue to exist without any one of us, or all of us.

The evidence indicates that it is not only illogical but extremely arrogant to assume otherwise.  Our consciousness does not create material objects in the universe, but it does allow us to sense and interpret what we sense in various, sometimes erroneous, ways.  There are many ways for us to test this hypothesis, and we actually test it many times each day.

Just my two cents, and my 5 senses.  Opinion and tangible physical mechanisms respectively.

Chip