[General] American Physical Society presentation on superluminal photon/electron models

Richard Gauthier richgauthier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:27:40 PDT 2019

Hi Andrew, John W and all,

    The uploaded powerpoint for my APS talk can be seen at https://absuploads.aps.org/presentation.cfm?pid=14755 . I’m hoping to get more questions or comments from this group on my relativistic quantum vortex zitterbewegung electron model described in the powerpoint, starting with slide #10 where the model's parametric equations are shown, for the positron and electron. The electron and positron models’ superluminal energy quantum's speed range changes with relativistic electron speed V (measured by gamma) and are different for the spin-up electron and spin-up positron, allowing a possible experimental test of the electron-positron models.

   Interestingly, for one of the particles (called the electron in the powerpoint), when gamma = sqrt(2)=1.414 (and Velectron= 0.707c), the range of internal speeds goes from c(sqrt(2)-1) = 0.414c (subluminal) to c(sqrt(2)+1)=2.414 c (superluminal) while for its antiparticle the internal speed range goes from c sqrt(2) = 1.414c to c sqrt (3) = 1.732c (both superluminal). See slide #16. (For the spin-down particle and antiparticle these two speed ranges are reversed.) Also when gamma=sqrt(2), the variation in internal speed (of the superluminal energy quantum) over an internal 360-degrees speed cycle of the particles appears to be a perfect cosine function (this needs to be checked mathematically) for both particles, but not for other values of gamma (as in the resting electron model or the very highly relativistic electron model (gamma -> infinity), where in both of these cases the minimum speed of the superluminal energy quantum is c and the maximum speed is c sqrt(5) = 2.236c (see slide #15).

    all the best,
         Richard