[General] HA: Arxiv paper: Something is wrong in the state of QED

Jarek Duda dudajar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 07:03:34 PDT 2021

Dear Oliver, Colleagues,

The infinity problem is not just of value, but of total energy: its
density for electric field (rho~|E|^2) around perfect points charge
(E~1/r^2) integrates to infinite energy due to singularity in zero.

In contrast, annihilating electron with positron, we get 2x511keV EM
radiation - energy stored in electric field of electron cannot exceed
511keVs, we get if integrating energy density from ~1.4fm:

Hence not to exceed electron's mass with its electric field alone, we
need to deform electric field in fm-scale.

Renormalization sweeps this infinity under the rug. Seeing QFT as
Feynman ensemble of fields, each field has this infinity - to repair the
problem, we need to regularize fields in such ensemble.

Here are Faber's regularized energy densities of electron - the red line
is from electric field, normally it would go to infinity in zero -
integrating to infinity. Instead, it goes to zero thanks to mentioned
activation of Higgs-like potential (blue, accompanied with green):

 > An alternative hypothesis to this problem is to postulate that
elementary particles are extended-particles. But this involves other
problems, mainly it is necessary to explain what force holds the parts
together and why the charge cannot be divided into fractions of "e".

"The forces" are topology - observed e.g. for quantization of magnetic
filed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroscopic_quantum_phenomena ...
or in mentioned liquid crystals - for which topological charges they
observe long-range interactions.

This kind of soliton models are entering mainstream e.g. for nuclei
models: https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.121.232002

 > To explain other effects such as the compton effect, the spin, the
magnetic moment of the electron or the zitterwebegung, my hypothesis is
that the electron is a point particle of charge "e" that always moves at
the speed of light following a helical path. My hypothesis is that the
force that makes the particle rotate in a helical movement is of
magnetic origin and forces the particle to move in such a way that
always produce a quantizied magnetic flux of value "h/e".

Massive particles cannot travel at the speed of light - again requiring
infinite energy.

The mechanism used for quantization of magnetic field can be also used
for quantization of electric charge - see e.g. liquid crystals or
Faber's model.

Best wishes,

Jarek

ps. Just finished and submitted Mathematica demonstration visualizing
topological defects of biaxial nematic resembling 3 leptons - attached.