[General] Electron's Forces

Jarek Duda dudajar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 13:13:57 PDT 2021

Dear John,

Vacuum is, among others, a medium for interactions, e.g. long-range:
electromagnetism and gravity, the former has charge quantization in
Gauss law.

It seems there is also third long-range: quantum phase/pilot wave,
required for quantum phenomena like Mach-Zehnder interference, produced
due to de Broglie clock/zitterberwegung.

Wanting to understand vacuum, the simplest scenario seems pair creation:

energy -> electron + positron, with 1/r Coulomb energy dependence.

Charge quantization is constraint of Gauss law, which allows to explain
e.g. *why we cannot create half-electron this way?*

Personally I know only this topological quantization mechanism - making
that Gauss law counts topological charge. Do you maybe have any hint for
an alternative?

Best,

Jarek

ps. Getting 1/r Coulomb energy dependence is nontrivial, but realizable
e.g. in liquid crystals. Below is field of minus-plus pair of
topological charges, integrating energy density of the field, we get
e.g. V(r)~1/r long-range interaction for such charges: