[General] Nature of Light and Particles - Request

John Williamson John.Williamson at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Apr 2 20:41:56 PDT 2015

My dear Chip,

There is absolutely nothing to apologise about. I should apologise as well, if it comes to that, for singling that thing out (when there is much more in the general discussion we have all been having). It is only through discussion, and seeing what others make of an exposition, that one can find the flaws in ones own presentations. Provided the questioner is serious and thoughtful, and of good will, it is pretty much, for me, the most valuable thing there is!

So thank you for getting the wrong end of the stick there. This particular one (together with Richard going the same way) - has been very valuable to me. The fault lies, if any, in our poor explanation of just what we are talking about - a fault I will try to rectify in future work.

Regards, John.