[General] Electrons through the looking glass

David Mathes davidmathes8 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 23:27:38 PDT 2015

Andrew
The questions are posed to bring in a number of conceptual ideas. Vetting can be done by math and experiment.
I hadn't thought or explored the electron internals under the various vortex theories.  From the vortex tubes used in cooling to the vortex on a plane there are variants to consider and narrow the field. I am familiar with the US-Russian split on vortex theory with the general US view that vortex is not an additional force while the Russians prefer to think of vortices as an additional force.
In viewing electron models from both van der Mark/Williamson and Gauthier, i was thinking of how charge could be explained and if that explanation would be continuous or quantized, or perhaps exhibit characteristics of both.
If we take the photon in the electron model with a 3D path, is charge a frictional result with whatever conditions exist on the exterior?
A clue is found in the summary of Dirac's 1938 paper "Classical Theory of Radiating Electrons", Dirac makes a rather bold statement :
"The equations obtained are the same as those already in current use, but in their physical interpretation the finite size of the electron reappears in a new sense, the interior of the electron being a region of space through which signals can be transmitted faster than light."
If we look in the body of Dirac's paper, after a discussion of causality and the coupling of radiation with acceleration, we find this clarification suggesting a departure from relativity. Note that current thinking on radiation suggests jerk/jolt may be involved.
"The finite size of the electron now reappears in a new sense, the interior of the electron being a region of failure not of the field equations of electromagnetic equations, but of some the elementary properties of spacetime."
Key conditions are charge invariance and GRT/SRT is preserved inside the electron and outside the electron.
What is the nature of the Dirac departure? The usual suspects today would include the following:
1) Directional absorption and re-emission (unlikely and adds more time to traversing)2) Action at a distance process (unknown)3a) Impedance change (no quarks in electron volume - charge exclusion principle)3b) Negative vacuum conditions c^2 = (e u)^-1 where e and/or u is lower permitting (Variant of 1)4) Change in conditioning of photon using SU(n) 5) Asymptotic freedom (requires QCD approach)6) 5D or higher solution where GRT is a subset (too complex)7) Vortex theories on spacetime, photon wake, charge wake, quanta that defines photon, etc.8) TBD
If there is a photon on the interior of the electron, and that photon is charged, then other charged particles may be excluded such as quarks. However, an uncharged photon would not be excluded. Other particles TBD.
The exclusion of quarks in the interior of the electron volume may create a change in permittivity and perhaps permeability. The net result should be that spacetime internally to the electron volume is a negative vacuum (lower than zero vacuum)... and we haven't even addressed any direct contributions from vortex.
Even though the actual c value is different on the interior of the electron, GRT/SRT works in the interior of the electron, and in the exterior of the electron and not so well in the transition between these two GRT states at least under current theory since there is at least a gradient although other issues such as charge divergence and the loop path zone may also be in play. This suggests a 5D theory might address the transition zone or perhaps a theory of nested theories...
Best Regards
David