[General] Electrons through the looking glass

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:04:47 PDT 2015

David,

The diversity of the group backgrounds certainly adds richness to the
views. I suspect that your familiarity with the vortex theories, among
other things, is to be important. Comments below.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM, David Mathes <davidmathes8 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Andrew
>
> The questions are posed to bring in a number of conceptual ideas. Vetting
> can be done by math and experiment.
>
> I hadn't thought or explored the electron internals under the various
> vortex theories.  From the vortex tubes used in cooling to the vortex on
> a plane there are variants to consider and narrow the field. I am
> familiar with the US-Russian split on vortex theory with the general US
> view that vortex is not an additional force while the Russians prefer to
> think of vortices as an additional force.
>
> In viewing electron models from both van der Mark/Williamson and Gauthier,
> i was thinking of how charge could be explained and if that explanation
> would be continuous or quantized, or perhaps exhibit characteristics of
> both.
>
> If we take the photon in the electron model with a 3D path, is charge a
> frictional result with whatever conditions exist on the exterior?

I believe that things are free of friction at that level.

> A clue is found in the summary of Dirac's 1938 paper "Classical Theory of
> Radiating Electrons", Dirac makes a rather bold statement :
>
> "The equations obtained are the same as those already in current use, but
> in their physical interpretation the finite size of the electron
> reappears in a new sense, the interior of the electron being a region of
> space through which *signals can be transmitted faster than light*."

If the electron is a bound photon, then it is a standing wave and
information/energy can be transmitted much faster than at the speed of
light (it is now only a phase shift). I have never heard that expressed,
even in this group. If you have heard the concept, I would welcome a
reference.

> If we look in the body of Dirac's paper, after a discussion of causality
> and the coupling of radiation with acceleration, we find this clarification
> suggesting a departure from relativity. Note that current thinking on
> radiation suggests jerk/jolt may be involved.
>
> "The finite size of the electron now reappears in a new sense, the
> interior of the electron being a region of failure not of the field
> equations of electromagnetic equations, but of some the elementary
> properties of spacetime."

There is no failure, if the electron is a photon. However, the nature of a
photon must be better understood.

> Key conditions are charge invariance and GRT/SRT is preserved inside the
> electron and outside the electron.
>
> What is the nature of the Dirac departure? The usual suspects today would
> include the following:
>
> 1) Directional absorption and re-emission (unlikely and adds more time to
> traversing)
> 2) Action at a distance process (unknown)
> 3a) Impedance change (no quarks in electron volume - charge exclusion
> principle)
> 3b) Negative vacuum conditions c^2 = (e u)^-1 where e and/or u is lower
> permitting (Variant of 1)
> 4) Change in conditioning of photon using SU(n)
> 5) Asymptotic freedom (requires QCD approach)
> 6) 5D or higher solution where GRT is a subset (too complex)
> 7) Vortex theories on spacetime, photon wake, charge wake, quanta that
> defines photon, etc.
> 8) TBD

I would suggest that #8 becomes "Since the electron is a doubly-resonant
bound photon, then all of the key conditions are met by its covariance."

> If there is a photon on the interior of the electron, and that photon is
> charged, then other charged particles may be excluded such as quarks.
> However, an uncharged photon would not be excluded. Other particles TBD.

I believe the electron & positrons to be the smallest charged particles.

Andrew