[General] Potential energies of particles and photons

Mark, Martin van der martin.van.der.mark at philips.com
Sat May 16 13:12:01 PDT 2015

Dear Andrew,

I am not in any way referring to any of my work, model or whatever.
I have put some serious effort in trying to teach you some real physics. Anyone can make a mistake, you know.

First of all I have made a mistake in trying to be very quick from the top of my head.
It is the de Broglie frequency that is the same for electron and proton, not the the de Broglie wavelength and not the momentum:
The equantion is M_eR_e + M_pR_p = 0
R being the orbital radius, and not the orbital velocity.
I am sorry for that, I apologize.

This can however not be obtained if you use the BO approximation.
Also that it is ONE wavefunction, that of the entire atom. The electron at some 1900^2 times higher speed than the proton, but with the same (orbital and de Broglie) frequency.
Consequence, wavelength of proton is 1900 times shorter than for the electron.

My remarks about the potential hold firmly.

Cheers, Martin

Dr. Martin B. van der Mark
Principal Scientist, Minimally Invasive Healthcare

Philips Research Europe - Eindhoven
High Tech Campus, Building 34 (WB2.025)
Prof. Holstlaan 4
5656 AE  Eindhoven, The Netherlands