[General] No mass (photon) - to mass (electron)

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 06:46:44 PDT 2015

Dear Folks,

I found this statement (in the attached from Wilczek) that we may have to
address in the photonic-electron model (my underline)

"In modern quantum electrodynamics (QED) *the electromagnetic correction*
to the electron's mass appears as a multiplicative factor. It* cannot,
therefore, bootstrap a vanishing intrinsic mass to a nonzero value.* This
no-go result arises because in the limit of zero electron mass the
equations for electrons interacting with electromagnetic fi elds have
enhanced symmetry (chiral symmetry), which forbids mass non-zero mass, even
when back reaction is taken into account."

Any thoughts?

Andrew