[General] Vacuum Energy Technical Paper Draft --Comments Please

John Macken john at macken.com
Sat Aug 13 15:35:57 PDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

Attached is a draft of a new technical paper that I have just written titled
"Gravitational Waves Verify the Existence of Vacuum Energy". I would
appreciate any comments, suggestions or criticism from this group.  I am
planning to submit it to a journal in about one week.

While I have not participated much recently in the group discussion, still
the group did influence this paper.  In the past the main objection to my
model of an electron and photons was criticized because it was based on the
existence of vacuum energy with the very large energy density predicted by
quantum field theory.  Martin summarized the objections succinctly when he
wrote, "If it cannot be measured, it does not exist."  Shortly after that
time, the announcement was made that the first gravitational wave had been
detected by LIGO.  Finally, this was the proof that I have been waiting for.
The gravitational wave had measured the properties of vacuum energy.

Gravitational waves strongly interact with vacuum energy and prove its
existence.

The attached paper takes the experimentally observed  LIGO data plus other
gravitational wave information and proves that the "stiffness" of spacetime
encountered by gravitational waves can be quantified and modeled. I believe
that reading this paper will result in improved models of electrons and
photons because the vacuum is not an empty void.  The properties of the
vacuum must be incorporated into these models.

John Macken