[General] Path of photons Fig1

Hodge John jchodge at frontier.com
Fri Mar 4 10:28:46 PST 2016

Vladimir:Thanks for your links. Fig. 1 is a trace of the path of the photons (particles notwaves and not streamlines) of the simulation program. Note the paths cross (therefore not streamlines). I also note that the “walkingdrop” experiments also show a similar pattern of each drop through the slitproducing a diffraction pattern. This was presented in a Physics Today articlethe end of last year. Drops going through the left side ended on the right sideof the diffraction pattern.“Varying intensity across the slit” means more photons gothrough one side of the slit. Or, the model of the wave intensity must havegreater intensity on one side of the slit than the other. The “Diffractionexperiment …” paper explains the experimental apparatus to accomplish this. I’ve printed your papers. Thanks. I’ll read them soon(today). Hodge