[General] F=m*a

Andrew Meulenberg mules333 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:29:51 PST 2016

Dear Wolf,

Your raised a sore point with me. You stated:

"Newton assumed F=m*a. I do not think its the
whole story, but it's certainly simple."

I agree that there is more to the story. I have felt that F= |m|*a is more
of the story; but Newton, in his age, would never have considered that
possibility. I think that, along with negative energy and charge, negative
mass should be considered as real. However, this consideration was/is
blocked by F= m*a. Is there another reason, why it is not considered? Have
you (or anyone else in the group) encountered the usage of the absolute
value in this context before, or a reason why it might not be more valid
than the original? (Of course the concept should be carried thru many other
sacrosanct equations in physics.)

Andrew

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>