[General] Non-Interaction obetween EM Waves

Roychoudhuri, Chandra chandra.roychoudhuri at uconn.edu
Mon Jan 23 10:13:51 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues:
This is in response to the query by Dr. Wolfgang Baer, “Is there evidence of photons bending in EM fields?”. My answer is “no”, because it is phenomenologically impossible in the linear domain and in the absence of a material medium.

     My life-long experience tells me that it is highly beneficial to have a thorough understanding of the basic optical phenomena and the related basic experiments and theories. Optical (EM waves from radio up to “Gamma Rays”) experiments have been providing the most accurate validating data for most physics phenomena since ancient times.
     After I published the attached “polite” paper, “Heisenberg's Microscope-A Misleading Illustration”, in 1978; I was referred to some history behind Heisenberg’s thesis defense. He could have been flunked by Wien, except for the thesis adviser’s appeal to Wien. Wien asked Heisenberg to explain the physical processes behind the emergence of the concept of limits of resolving power in instruments like (i) a microscope, (ii) a telescope and (iii) a spectroscope. Heisenberg was totally blank. Nonetheless, soon after, he produced a paper on Uncertainty Principle, misdirecting the interpretation of an excellent mathematical formalism of his own (QM) in the wrong direction. Nobel committee has recently given prize for super resolution in imaging molecules with light; which are many orders of magnitude smaller than the visible light. There is only instrumental limits, not fundamental limits in obtaining higher and higher resolution data out of experiments.
      Similarly, we are collectively oblivious to the REALITY of Non-Interaction of Waves (NIW). EM waves in the linear domain and in the absence of material dipoles (or, their assembly) cannot interact to re-organize the energy contained in the propagating wave packets passing through each other. This realization has forced me to re-interpret the “abandoned ether concept ” as the stationary cosmic “Complex Tension Field” (CTF). Huygens-Fresnel diffraction integral, the very foundational  mathematical frame-work behind optical science and engineering since 1817, would not have been working and thriving without this Non-Interaction of Waves (NIW-property of all waves). Huygens postulated NIW around 1676. By benignly neglecting (and/or ignoring) this basic working postulate of Huygens, the 19th and the 20th century “New Physics” developers, facilitated the emergence of Non-Causal Physics.
      So, I have written a whole book, “Causal Physics: Photon Model by Non-Interaction of Waves”, CRC, 2014, where I show, for all the major optical phenomena on how the NIW-property explains them better and removes many ad hoc non-causal postulates by Classical Quantum Mechanics, including “single indivisible photon”. [The book is already available as low-cost paper-back in India. Initiative has started for a similar edition in China.]
    I am attaching my latest experiment, presented at the Photonics 2016 international conference. It demonstrates, a visually observable purely classical superposition effect through a Mach-Zehnder interferometer, that one needs two optical signals to be simultaneously present at the interferometer beam-combiner to generate any superposition effects (re-direction of wave energy). A “single indivisible photon”, even it ever existed, cannot generate observable superposition effect.

Chandra.